Monday, May 2, 2011

London

We had a great time in London. I absolutely loved it there!! We had five and half very busy days.  The weather was beautiful with blue skies and in the 80's.  We went from site seeing to museums, walking to taking the Tube (the underground subway system.) Just a warning I have posted a lot of pictures!








They had the most beautiful gardens in London.




                                                                            
                                    
                                                       
We took the famous Double Decker tour bus through London.   The top was opened so we could look out and see everything.  They also had a live tour guide and they would tell you all about the history as we passed each site.  Ethan loved sitting in the sun and listening to the tour guide.


One of the guards outside one of the entrances to Buckingham Palace.

They call this Big Ben but Big Bend is really only the bell inside the clock tour.


The House of Parliament (Palace of Westminster)

St.  Paul's Cathedral
We don't have any pictures of the inside because they didn't let and photography inside.



Westminster Abbey
This is were prince William got married last week.  It was not open to the public because they were making the preparations for the big wedding.


The famous London eye.


This outside of Buckingham Palace when they do the changing of the guards.  There were so many people there I couldn't see any thing.  Mike was tall enough to get a few pictures.


One of the many museums that we went to.


We went to the famous Madame Tussauds Waxworks.  It was okay, there were a lot of people and it was way over price, but we got our pictures taken with some famous wax people.

I think I look pretty good next to Zac Efron and Robert Pattinson.  I keep telling myself that I am not to old for them!




I took Ethan and Addy to Wicked and we all loved it!




The Tower Bridge


This is on a boat ride, it was fun and had great views of the city.


My absolute favorite site was the Tower of London. A little history-The Tower has served as a castle in wartime, a monarch's residence in peace time, and most notoriously, as the prison and execution site of rebels.   This is also where the crown jewels are.  They would not allow any pictures of the crown jewels either. 



The guard outside of the crown jewels.   He was very fascinating to watch because of the way he marched, turned and moved.  I really would hate to have his job.  I really think they should have more than one guard because of the value of all of the crown jewels.







We ate at this cool pub, they had great fish and chips.

On Easter Sunday we found an LDS church to go to.  It was great because the ward was huge and my kids weren't the only ones talking and crying.  ( In our home ward in Helsingborg there is a total of seven kids and four of them are mine.)

The Hard Rock Cafe had great food and music.  It was to bad Alayna cried the whole time and I couldn't really enjoy my food.

They had there streets lined with flags as they were getting ready for the royal wedding.

9 comments:

Grandma & Grandpa Turner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Kennedy's said...

looks like you had a great time. I think you saw more of London than i did and i lived just hours away! too bad we didnt get a chance to meet up maybe next time :)

Tami said...

Looks like a fabulous family vacation!!!! You are so gorgeous Linds!!!

Mike and Bette Lang said...

I loved all your new pictures! I went to your site on my iPhone and showed them all to J'net and Johanna. Tell the kids hi from Nana. XO

Jessica said...

So amazing. I love that your kids are having these kinds of experiences. Priceless! Someday we'll make it over to that side of the world.

Anita said...

Lindsey, I love seeing all your experiences. looks so amazing

Mike and Bette Lang said...

Now that I'm home I got to see the pictures on my bigger screen (instead of my iPhone). FUN times! I'm so glad you and your family are seeing the world. XO Mom

camery said...

Wow! What adventures you guys are having! So good to see what you are up to. And I agree with everyone else, you DO look just as beautiful as you did in High School. If it's possible, I'd wager to say even more so. :)

Allyson said...

It looks like you guys are having so much fun on your adventures! Miss you guys, and hope to see you soon! I hope you guys are doing well :)