Sunday, May 16, 2010

Copenhagen

The kids had a few days off from school this week so we went to Copenhagen. It is only about a hour away by car over the bridge. But we decided not to take the car and use public transportation. We took a bus by our house to the fairy. We missed the first bus so we waited for 20 min. to get the next bus. After the 20 minute fairy ride we took a 40 minute train to Copenhagen. We did a lot of walking and the kids did pretty good. It took us about two hours by the time we reached Copenhagen. We had a few melt downs the next day. Only because it was cold and raining. We had a great time. By the time we got home the kids were completely worn out. So were mom and dad!

We spent the first day at an amusement park call Tivoli. The kids had fun on all the rides.



We found a Hard Rock Cafe to eat dinner at. It was so good.

Day two in the rain. We had just started out and Addy's umbrella broke. Doesn't she look happy!

This is how we kept the rain off the Alayna and Izzy. Izzy would peak out every so often to see what was going on.



I can't get the picture of the kids on the train to load. Maybe next post.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Awesome! I'm jealous. My dad served his mission in Copenhagen and my great grandfather came from there so I've always wanted to go. Your kids are troopers trudging through the rain like that. They are going to grow up to be tough kids and well-traveled. Brian is really set on going to Singapore because we can fly Air force flights there. Would you guys be interested in meeting us there?

Becky said...

How fun. You guys rock trying all this hard stuff with a bunch of kids. Go Simons!

Anita said...

oh i so jealous of all the traveling you get to do. Looks like so much fun, and how awesome for your kids to experience this all.

Mike and Bette Lang said...

I felt damp and cold looking at your pictures in Copenhagen. But I'm sure your family had a great time. I loved the picture of Addy and her broken umbrella, and the one of Izzy peeking around the blanket from the stroller. I MISS YOU GUYS! XO Mom

Mike and Bette Lang said...

Adorable new photo with all four kids. They are growing up too fast without their Nana there to watch them. Give them all a kiss and hug from me. XO Mom

Tara said...

It makes me so happy when you blog. I love the new picture at the top. Your kids are getting so big. I am seriously counting down the days until July. Looks like a fun trip. Your kids are so lucky to get to experience all this stuff!

Nancy said...

You are so lucky to have these amazing experiences. I am so happy for you. It looks pretty cold and wet but I am glad you had a fun time.

Fun to see pictures of everyone.
Miss you and we are excited to see you in July!
Love, Grandma Simons