Friday, June 4, 2010

Egypt

We had a great time in Egypt. The resort was beautiful. There was about ten pools and a lot of lounge chairs with shade umbrellas. Also, all you can eat food and drink. I had lot of diet coke. It was nice because I didn't have to cook or clean for the week. The kids had a blast swimming, going down the water slides and hanging out on the beach. We were on the Red Sea and the sea water was very warm. We had planned on going to see the pyramids but I was a six hour bus ride there and back. We decided that it wouldn't be a good idea with the kids. We were pretty bummed because we had done some research on facts about Egypt. Outside the resort was pretty scary. I guess I forgot that is was a third world country. The was a lot of poverty. It reminded me of Tijuana. The Egyptians would try to get you to go into their shops and buy stuff. The prices they asked were ridiculous. You could haggle them down on the prices. But is was a pain in the butt.
We mostly stayed inside the resort so we didn't have to see any of that. When we took the shuttle to and from the airport the kids would stare out the window. I think it was really good for them to see how other people lived. We all got a little of "Pharaoh's Revenge." I think we got it from the food. Despite all of the negative things we still had a wonderful time and it was a much need vacation.






What a hottie! It was pretty funny. Mike had two people come up to him and said, "You have been here for seven days way are you still white." The poor guy doesn't tan at all. He had to put lots and lots of sunscreen on every few hours.

The hotel had great water slides. We all had a fun time going down them. Izzy wasn't tall enough but she had fun just hanging out watching.









Every night they had disco dancing for the kids. The girls had such a great time.




Alayna was so good. She would get so tired and fall asleep anywhere. I would lay here down in some shade and she would happily sleep.



We took a boat to a beautiful island and went snorkeling. It was amazing. At first I got freaked out being so close to the fish. But after a while I was able to relax and see the the cool coral and fish. The water was very salty.






The boat but took us out to a really cool coral reef. The water was an amazing color of blue. Mike tried taking the kids out but the didn't like it. So they had a blast jumping off the back of the boat.








Izzy and Addy under blue lights. At the kids disco.





We ran into a gross squid on the beach.





Starfish were everywhere.




9 comments:

Rachel said...

That is so cool! I am glad you had a fun time, I love all the pics! Especially the family one!

Michelle Stott said...

How fun! You sure are getting to experience some cool things. Your trip looked like a lot of fun. I hope you are doing well.

Mike and Bette Lang said...

Loved the fun pictures! I'm so glad you got to go on your vacation (finally, with a change of destination). I'm happy you had a good time--except for the sickness part. Egypt looks hot and dry and pretty, at least inside the resort. I can't believe you got to actually get wet in the Red Sea. Did you think about Moses while you were swimming? XO Mom

Jessica said...

So AWESOME! You guys have to come with us when we go tour Israel and Egypt. I lived in Israel and went to the Sinai in Egypt, but I never got to see the pyramids either, so we'll all have to go back. Seeing the world is so much fun. It gets sort of addictive. But no matter where we go, it's nice that we can always go back to Utah and be with family. Love ya and can't wait to play a little with you guys.

Alicia said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun and that everything worked out! Can't wait to see you all next month!

Tara said...

I love all the pictures! How awesome that you went to Egypt. I can't wait for you to be here!!!! I think that Alayna is looking so much like Addy.

Anita said...

amazing experience you are having with your family. look like so much fun. lucky!

Lyndsey said...

how fun!! what a great family vacation spot! i am so jealous!!!

Diane Jaggi said...

You and Mike are SUPER Parents! 4 kids and going on vacation. Hats off to you! Love the pics. What fun times for you.