We (including my mom and dad) went to Oslo which is in Norway for the weekend to see the fjords. (A fjord is a long, narrow inlet with steep sides or cliffs, created in a valley carved by glacial activity.) We only had three days for the trip, so we packed in as much as we could. We left Friday morning and drove for six hours. We woke up early on Saturday and caught a 6:30 a.m. train to the fjords in Flam. We took the Fjords in a Nutshell tour. We spent a total of 5 1/2 hours on a train. Then got off and took the scenic train ride for a hour. The views were amazing!! After that we got on a beautiful scenic boat ride that took two hours. Then we loaded on a bus and went down a 18% grade winding road, which is supposed to be the steepest road in Europe. I was acually a little nervous on the roads. It was a good thing the bus had seat belts! Finally we got back on the train to Olso, which took another 5 1/2 hours. Then Sunday we got up and drove for six hours to get back home. The kids were troopers! Alayna was the only one who had a melt down, but that is expected after a 14 hour day with no naps.



 |
| I never really agreed with these baby leashes but...that was before my wild two year old!!! If you look really close you can see that I have her anchored to the arm of the seat. Otherwise, she would have run up and down the aisle in the train and jumped off the side of the boat. She loved the leash because she thought she was a dog. |
 |
| Things were so much more beautiful in real life. These pictures really don't do it justice. The water looked like glass and the reflection of the landscape in the water was awesome. |
 |
| This was one of the glaciers at the top that caused the water falls that you will see in the pictures below. |
 |
| There were so many people riding bikes and a lot of trails to ride on. I was a bit jealous that I could'nt get off the train and ride with them. |
 |
| On the way back from Olso we stopped off at this castle in Sweden. It was pretty cool, but when we got there it was too late to take the tour because it was closing for the day. |
3 comments:
I just love reading about all of your adventures in Sweden! You are awesome to be so open to all of these trips. I would be scared, I'm a wuss. It is so beautiful, looks like you had a great time!
So amazing!!!!
Dad and I just really enjoyed spending time with you and your cute family in Sweden. The fjords were amazing and the surrounding countryside was so green it looked almost fake. Thanks for organizing that ambitious trip! I miss you! XO
Post a Comment