Saturday, April 26, 2008

don't judge a book by it's cover

A little experience I had today...I was driving on the freeway in Mikes car today when I got a flat tire. I was on my way to the distribution center to pick up some things for the YW. I was in a hurry and by myself. Before getting in his car I thought to myself he needs new tires on his car. A thought or a prompting!

I was going over the speed limit and saw a piece of a tire on the road and again thought to myself I should slow down because it would suck to get a flat and be totally out of control. So I slowed down and moved in to the middle lane and seconds later I heard a terrible noise coming from the side of my car. I pulled over and got off the freeway and pulled onto a side street. Yep you guest it I had a flat tire. I called Mike because I have no idea how to put a spare tire on and didn't even know if he had one. When I was on the phone two shady men came to ask if I needed help. I was a little concerned but, said yes please. They were very nice and not only put the spare on for me but showed me how to do it. So my lesson learned today is to, not "judge a book" or person by its cover, or appearance. Also, It was not a coincidence that I just happen to be thinking about flat tires and on the way.

I just wanted to say thank you to those two very nice men that help me today.

Because of their service and kindness they made me want to do better and serve others.

I have been truly blessed today.

5 comments:

Scott & Tami said...

I'm so glad that your car didn't wreck when your tire went flat. Isn't it awesome when you get surprised and realize how nice people are...I love it!! I miss you girl.

Tara said...

Thanks for sharing that today. It was a good way to invite in the spirit after having our good news 15 minutes. Ha ha!

Anita said...

Oh I cant agree more. It seems as though it is always the ones who we seem to judge first by looks are the ones we could probably count on the most. Sad but true. It sucks that things like this have to happen for us to open our eyes. Glad you were safe though.. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey linds, I just gave a talk in sacrament on the Holy Ghost and heading it's promptings.....I am sure I learned way more than anyone else, but it was so nice to remember all the times that I Know my Heavenly Father has talked to me. It is nice to know that we have such an awesome gift. I am very glad you were being watched over and all is well. See you in the summer!!!!!!! Love, Aub

Diana said...

How scary! That is one of my biggest fears! I am glad that you are okay!