Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ethan's baptism and Happy fathers day!

Today was Ethan baptism and it was great. He was very excited for his big day. Mike said he had the best fathers day ever because he got to baptize his son. We are so proud of him and his decision to become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We were expecting to have about 10 people there, but we had a huge turn out. I think the whole ward came to support Ethan and our family. We have been so blessed to have such a great ward family.
Ethan and the family outside the church on Ethan's big day!



Ethan and the missionaries, Elder Glenn on the left and Elder Mathews on the right. They have been so nice to Ethan and kids. Elder Glenn gave the opening prayer and Elder Mathews gave the talk on the Holy Ghost. It was nice to have them involved with the baptism, Ethan really looks up to them.

Mike and Ethan on his baptism day. Don't they both look so handsome.

Ethan dressed in all white getting ready for his baptism. I can't believe that my baby is eight!

Some of the members of the ward here in Helsingborg. They all have been so supportive. I am so grateful for them and their support.


6 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations Ethan! He does look so handsome and grown up. That is so neat that the ward came to his baptism, I am glad that they are so nice.

Scott & Tami said...

Congrats!! That's amazing...one down...at least 3 to go. Sounds like your ward is awesome...what a blessing.

Michelle Stott said...

That is so cool! What a different experience to be baptized in Sweeden. Your family is so cute.

Mike and Bette Lang said...

WOW! Ethan got baptized! We are so proud of him. He and Daddy looked so handsome in their white clothes. I can hardly believe Ethan is already 8. I remember his birth, which doesn't seem that long ago. Now he and his cousin Blair are both members of the Church. I LOVED your cute family picture. What a beautiful family. Lots of love, Mom/Nana

Tiesha said...

It looks like you're all having a great time! That's so nice that the members are so supportive! How cool to be baptized in Sweden!

charlie said...

How much of your church services are in english? I'm sure Ethan was baptized in english, but were the songs sung in english?
When I got baptized it was the Spanish Branch's turn to conduct the meeting, so everything was in Spanish. The songs even. At least that's how I remember it....