Saturday, February 2, 2008

President Hinckley


It has been a very emotional week for me. All week I have been watching the news coverage about the passing of our beloved Prophet President Hinckly. I watched his funeral services on t.v. today with much emotion. He was a wonderful prophet and did so many great things for the church. Although I never met him in person I felt his love for me and for all man kind. I am grateful for the knowledge I have about life after death. I will miss him greatly. "Til we meet again"

4 comments:

BRITT said...

I tagged you so go to my blog for the rules.

Becky said...

Hi Lindsay. I love this post. You are such a great person and I loved feeling your testimony in YW. I will miss him too.

Tara said...

It really was an emotional week. When we found out we were in Vegas and it didn't seem possible. It made feel blessed to be a member of the church. They talked about it on the news in Vegas but definitley not like they did here.
I tagged you with the "purse tag". Go to my blog for the rules.

Mike and Bette Lang said...

Lindsay,
I had the same feeings about the loss of our dear president and prophet. I seriously cried off and on for several days. And the other day in our Institute class Brother Stones showed a vides and a much-young President Hinckley was speaking. My eyes just welled up. I wonder how long it will be before I can stop feeling such a sense of personal loss? Like you said, I had never met him but I felt his love. His family must certainly feel our love for their father, grandfather and great-grandfather. They probably also feel the prayers offered in their behalf.
Love,
Mom