Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Hell week...

You know how the football players have "hell week" at the beginning of the season. Well this week is my "hell week". I woke up Sunday night with a stomach ache and then threw up about 10 times. I never went back to sleep the pain was to bad. By about 12:00pm on Monday I knew that is was not just the 24 hour bug or food poisoning. I went into the insta care and then the hospital after waiting about 4 very long and painful hours and crying like a baby I was finally admitted and taken it to surgery to have my appendix taken out. I have never been in so much pain in my life! And the hospital has never been so slow. The surgery sucks, they made three little hole in my stomach. And then pump me up with CO2 so they have room to work. The air is then trapped in you. That is the part that hurts. I have a belly full of air and it's not going any were.
I think Mike is ready to get back to work. The kids are driving him crazy. I can't wait until I feel better. I hope that day is very soon!

5 comments:

Rischel said...

Lindsay,
i was so sad to hear what happened to you. I am glad that it didn't burst though. I hope you get feeling better soon!! Wish I could help!!! Was it worse than giving birth??

Diane Jaggi said...

Lu-
yikes! I hope you feel better soon. My mom had the same experience. At least you know it can't happen again. - Thank goodness!!

Anita said...

WOW, Lindsay I am so sorry. that is horrible. Let me know if you need anything. Get well soon. :)

Scott & Tami said...

Holy Crap Lindsay!!!! I'm so sorry you went through all that...dang girl!!!! I totally know how that air in you feels....it always hurt under my collar bone...it sucks...I remember thinking...if I just toot really long maybe it will all leave!!!

Becky said...

You poor baby! I had no idea! I guess that is what I get for not checking blogs as I should....I hope you feel better now.